Sunday, September 22, 2013

Jet Lag

My trip was amazing. I have stories to tell, though only the more banal ones involve me directly. 

My best friend's wedding was beautiful. Probably the most wonderful event I've had the pleasure to attend. 

I saw family and friends and cried when I had to leave them. I wish I could stay. I really wish I could spend more time with my second family. I miss them and that part of the world a lot. 

I've been keeping my distance from the net a bit. Needing that space. 

Upon my return I went looking for a cable and instead came across an old fold-out Kodak camera and decided to get film for it. I've been playing with it and adore it, though I haven't seen any of the pictures yet. 


Work is getting busier. Things will really start to pick up next week. I have new students, new courses, get to see coworker a little more. 
Nothing much else is new. 

3 comments:

rachel-xx said...

Welcome back. I'm happy for you that your trip was so great.

Advizor54 said...

I love old cameras even though the cost of developing actual film can get kind of steep. I found a disposable camera in my daughter's closet and got it developed ($16 for double prints and a digital copy) only to find that it was 26 shots of my carpet, drapes, blurry closets, blurrier kids, and about 3 useable pictures from 2 years ago.

Welcome back, I, for one, am certainly glad to have you around again. :-)

Max said...

Welcome back! Looking forward to hearing your stories. :-)