Sunday, April 26, 2015

Google Fucking Plus Bullshit Solved.

I don't know if anyone else has been having problems with Google+ but here's my story and what I've done about it.

________


Today something really annoying happened and it's not the first time. However, I think I've solved the problem.

Since I moved into my new place I've made friends with my new neighbours. They're cool people. I like the woman, I don't know the guy at all except through the occasional post on FB. Buuut he's a little odd. He hasn't posted anything odd mind you, it's just that he seems to 'like' and notice everything I do on fb, he has also initiated chats more than once on there but in real life he's barely capable of saying hello. I just imagined he was very shy. I'm sure that's the case. He seems nice enough, even if a little stalkerish.

What was really weird and kinda annoyed me is that he somehow found my youtube page. Now consider we're only connected through fb. My fb is a seperate email, it's a hotmail account that I NEVER use, but it does use my full first and last name. And I definitely don't go publishing my youtube videos to fb. NONE of my friends know about my youtube page.

The ONLY way I can think he found me was by searching for my first and last name on google+. That account, my Youtube account is/(was) only (and annoyingly) visible on my google+ account (which I never really wanted) which is/(WAS!) in turn connected to my everyday gmail account.
Youtube forced people to meld their google accounts at some point.

This is not the first time something like this has happened. I've had a blogger friend also get to my normal life youtube account through my Cande google+. WTF?!?

So my solution, ELIMINATE GOOGLE PLUS, it's a fucking nightmare to delete though. It was impossible to figure out. I FINALLY managed it. I found where to delete it and now I have no google+ on any of my gmail accounts. It was slowly but surely linking my Cande-Gina profile with my real life profile. It was suggesting people from my blogger life to people in my real life and vice versa. Very bad. VERY VERY BAD.

Fucking google.

Now I'm free. I don't have to worry about it anymore. And despite what you might think. It doesn't affect your original youtube account, as long as you had an alias before you started. It won't delete your email account, and it won't delete your blogger profile. It just affects/deletes your google+ feed.

W00T!


1 comment:

Advizor54 said...

your timing is perfect. Just last night as I was removing a "friend", from my Google+ page, I just kept going. I took everyone out of my Google+ circles. I never used it, I never posted to G+ independently, and I find it totally annoying.

The danger of cross-over between my various on-line personas was getting to close for comfort.

Do you have any suggestions? tips? instructions on getting rid of it completely? I'd be much obliged if you passed it along.