Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Surfacing Consciousness

There are days when I have words that surface in my head. They float into consciousness uninvited and are often just beginnings of sentences. They don't generally hold any real meaning but they keep coming back like I need to write them down. Problem is I don't know where the sentences are headed so I can't really go through with writing them. 
So here I am wanting to write and wanting to be eloquent with words with basically nothing to say. 
I wonder what it is that provokes the unfinished sentences to blossom in my brain like that; Situations, feelings, events, combinations, I'm sure, or just my subconscious trying to tell me something. But what?
It can be frustrating. But it's also a kind of innocent bliss, like I'm floating, daydreaming with nothing really solid to grasp. 
Generally I let them come and go but sometimes I force them, like today. Sometimes I make them into whatever I want, erotica, love letters, poems, lyrics, or random blog posts. 

1 comment:

Advizor54 said...

Just start writing them down, fragment of though, wishes for words, a sentence that starts, stops, and runs way to hide until it's ready to come out to play.

it's like capturing a capturing a dream, images, sights, sounds, feelings all flit buy and you don't have to worry about getting them "right" just get them and see what they do.