Monday, June 10, 2013

Counting


One month on the 7th equals 4 weeks....or 28 days.....or 672 hours more or less. Yeah I'm counting. I don't know if I've really ever looked forward to a meeting with Rob this much.

I think the other times I was more anxious. This time it feels easier. Part of it has to do with the fact that we've done it before and I know what to expect. Part of the tension is eased by the fact that there's a lot to do and see where we're going so it eases our initial awkwardness.

 It's not like we'll run out of things, but its nice to have lots of options. We're both so shy that it can be a bit daunting, I think, to have to deal with someone on a 24hr basis and know what to talk about for the whole time. Being in places, cathedrals, museums etc... Will give us plenty to talk about. 

When we're on the phone we rarely use video anymore and it seems to placate our senses. We're not as shy and we don't get stuck on what to talk about as much as we used to. Maybe we've just finally gotten accustomed to each other's company, in any case we're capable of talking on the phone for hours without having much in the way of awkward silences. 

I do miss seeing his face though, even on video. I caught a glimpse of him today as he was going to show me the cake he'd made. I don't think he noticed, or maybe he did, but I loved every split second of it. 

Time for some Zzzzs 








No comments: