Sunday, August 5, 2012

Pre-Vacation Babble

It's almost time. We're leaving at 3am to head to Croatia for 10 days. I will not have internet unless I find an open wifi signal. Luckily we'll be in a relatively large town and there should be wifi somewhere.

I'm rather happy to be taking a holiday from it to be honest. It will be a true detox. I've got my kindle loaded with books to read so I'll be keeping myself busy that way. I've got some Murakami and some Philip k Dick as well as a book called Black Swan Green by David Mitchell that I was recently told to read. I've also got Just Kids by Patti Smith... I'm thinking that I'll finish reading (I started it but never finished) "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep" seeing as I've just watched Blade-Runner again after so many years.

BF
Things here are pretty calm. I've been having strage thoughts. Nothing serious, just unlike me. We have a new neighbour. She is a woman in her mid to late 30s (I think).
I had a kidney stone attack and was unable to move most of Friday. After having dinner bf was outside on our patio overlooking hers and they ended up chatting until quite late. I'm guessing they were out there for about an hour and a half.
I was somewhat annoyed... but it was mild. I'm generally quite jealous. Over the past few days though I have caught myself thinking that I hope he falls in love with her, making it easier for me to move away. I don't know if I actually believe those thoughts or if they are forced... Women's brains are wired funny.

I'm not looking forward to this holiday much. I'm not really gung-ho about it. I'm looking forward to laying on the beach, working on my tan, detoxing from internet and eating good food. I hope bf finds people to go fishing with.... I'd rather be left alone. Maybe I'll change my mind once we're there though.

ROB
I haven't let Rob know that I'll be away. I'm thinking I'll text him from Croatia at some point or wait for him to text me. He's busy with all that's going on over there. I hope he's feeling better though, he was in bad sorts when I last checked. I've opened my mail account probably 20 times today either hoping to see an email from him or contemplating writing one to him. I try not to overdo the contact these days. I figure he's busy and doesn't need the extra stuff. Hence my decision to text him from Croatia if he texts me. I might change my mind on that yet. We'll be in Italy and I'll have internet service to the border. I may give in to the temptation...

I admit though, he has been better at letting me know if he will be around and stuff. We tentatively set up to meet on Thursday eve (I think it was). He said he'd text me to let me know if he couldn't come. And sure enough he did. I was thankful for it, yet disappointed he couldn't make it.

2 comments:

Advizor54 said...

Leaving under the cover of darkness is the best way to start any adventure.

Have a wonderful and safe time.

Ebony Panther said...

Enjoy your vacation. I'm on vacation this week myself.