Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Cancer


I have been procrastinating on this a fair amount. I had some indication of what tests to do but I wasn't sure it was possible to do them here. My doctor doesn't have much of a clue so I had to do my own research. 
I ended up, after many calls, talking to a radiologist who explained the procedure she thought was best. I'm thinking that every doctor I talk to will give me a different set of tests. 
Maybe the best thing is to talk to an oncologist. 
I don't think this type of cancer shows up on blood tests or X-rays, which is the procedure the radiologist suggested. I'm guessing that the LDCT (low dose cat scan) is the best option, but they generally only suggest it for people over the age of 50/55. 

I'm scared. I have respiratory problems. I have since I moved here from N.America. I developed a form of asthma. it has, over the past year, gotten a little worse. When I lie down sometimes I feel like I need to cough. If I do cough, I have a hard time breathing in after. I can't catch my breath. It's a horrible sensation. I know it's not related but it scares me none the less. 

I'm afraid of calling my uncle. He's odd and it's already difficult for me to talk to him, now with this it's even harder. I have no idea what to say to him. 

I feel like I have no one left in my family, there's my father and my sister but that's it. 

I've had anxious thoughts about who to leave things too if I died, I don't have a will but I feel like I should. I could leave things to my sister or to my father but if they don't outlive me? I would probably leave things to the bf or to his nieces and nephew. 
I have property in North America I don't feel like I can leave property to some kids who live in Europe. 

I'm scared. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you need to go and see exactly what is wrong and what should be done before you get too worked up. I know it is scary to think about but find a Doctor you think you are comfortable with and go get checked. Then when you have more information is the time to make decisions. I am always here if you need someone to talk to. I know you don't know me but I read your blog whenever you post. I live in the USA and am an older gentleman. Sometimes it is easier to talk to someone you don't know. Anyway I am here if you wish to talk.

James said...

keep checking your options for care and testing. I'm sure you'll find someone who can do the proper tests and get you all checked out. And clear your mind and assure you of a clear body!

Anonymous said...

I have been reading ur blog for ages. It is very sad to see you this way. I hope and pray you will be able to get the test and get better in breathing. Hope you will be fine soon, God bless you Cande :)

Advizor54 said...

I agree with Richy that finding the right doctor at a decent hospital to get good information is key. Having unreliable answers, partial decisions, and uncertainty is the worst. Keep seeking for that right doctor, and if you need really good doctors, I own my own stethoscope. I'm sure I can help

Lee said...

You could leave your property to me. Do you want me details? :-)