Monday, March 28, 2011

Spring is here, and London is upon us.

Spring is finally here. The weather has been spectacular, to the point that I got a bit of sun, my face is already a little darker than the usual winter pallor.

It's been warm and sunny for the past week, until today that is, it rained this evening.

London + Rob
I've finally booked my hostel room for London. I leave on the 14th of May. I booked the same hostel as last time. It was pretty decent. It's far from a 5 star hotel, but the beds are relatively comfortable and clean. The bathroom was functional. And they had wifi... important.

I'll probably be checking the availability at another hostel a week before I go (the first one I went to), just because it's cheaper and has better food. Even if the bathrooms are god awful. It was in a nicer area, better restaurants and nightlife.

I haven't heard from Rob much recently, I'm hoping to catch up with him this week. I've been itching to tell him that I booked my hostel. I just figured it would be best to leave it for now though. I sometimes get to thinking that it scares him off, so I avoid telling him about bookings and flights and stuff, especially in text messages. He proved me wrong last time though. When I booked my flight he didn't bat an eye when I told him.

I really just wanted to pretend like he isn't part of my plan for going over there, but technically we're supposed to meet up in another town... not sure how I'll swing it. I have tentative plans to stay with a friend towards the end of my stay, so going to another town for a night would possibly mean having to organize it. Or maybe not... humph oh well.. I'll just play it all by ear. I'm sure things will clarify one way or another before I leave.

I still feel like I've managed to keep my emotional distance from this meeting compared to the other times. But I could just be kidding myself.... Especially when I look back on what I've just written and see that it's half a page long.

Co-Worker

Co-worker gets back this week, Wednesday to be exact. We don't have clients at the studio this week so I won't be going in until later in the week, I have to do some work with my boss, get some stuff finished and she won't be around until later in the week. That means that I'll get to see co-worker. I wonder what kind of hello I'll get. I'm looking forward to it. 



3 comments:

Amazon Woman said...

The London escape should be great, whatever happens.

Johanna said...

I think you're both brave and fairly distanced. And a holiday it will be, whatever happens.

My husband and I have talked about going to London for years, so the chances of me getting to go there alone are next to zero. I envy you sooo much ;-)

Cande said...

Frenchy: It will.... yay! I'm excited.

Johanna: I keep convincing myself that I'm distanced... I hope it works.
London is a cool place, I really do love it there and could probably move there if I didn't have a bf. It's just one of those cities that grabs you and doesn't let you go.